So I’m just going to warn you…. I make a TON of egg recipes. We have about 50 laying hens so there is no shortage of eggs around here! Actually lately that’s not entirely true… for the past month or so we’ve only been getting about 3 eggs a day because the chickens are going through molt. I’m ready to start lopping heads off those social security chickens.
To the paleo purists… this is not STRICT paleo – I shredded some organic cheese to put on top because my husband would just not eat this if there weren’t any cheese. If dairy doesn’t agree with you, by all means please omit, the recipe will still be delicious! You just need to find what works for you.
I love egg bakes and frittatas because they are so easy to make and they taste great as leftovers too.
- •1 head of cauliflower
- •3 large carrots
- •1 package of mushrooms (4-6 oz.)
- •1/2 white or yellow onion
- •3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- •4 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- •10 oz organic cheese, shredded
- •1/4 cup carton coconut milk (I used Pacific brand)
- •4 eggs
- •2 tbsp tapioca flour
- •couple handfuls of spinach
- •diced green onions for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and onion into small pieces. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 of the tablespoons of coconut oil, and toss til coated. Place in the oven for 20 minutes or so.
- As soon as you place vegetables in the oven, take your 3 chicken breast and cut into small 1 inch cubes. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a sauce pan and add the cubed chicken. Cook through.
- Once chicken is cooked and vegetables have been pulled out of the oven, grab a 9x13 glass baking dish and coat with coconut oil cook spray. Add in the chicken and vegetables.
- Shred 10 oz of organic cheese (or buy pre-shredded if you don't mind the added preservatives) with a cheese grater.
- Add in about ¾ of the cheese to the baking dish with the chicken and vegetables.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, and tapioca flour until combined.
- Pour this liquid mixture in the baking dish over the chicken, vegetables and cheese.
- Sprinkle the diced green onions on the top.
- Now add the couple handfuls of spinach to the top of the mixture, and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of that.
- Place in the oven and bake until firm, around 40-50 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.